Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Tree Is Up!! YAY!!




I got my tree up today...I'm excited about it because its the first tree I've put up in 3 yrs!! With the deaths of my family members, I just haven't been in the mood for it...but this is a "stepping stone" into helping me get past the "Holiday Depression". The last time I put up the tree (in 2005) my Dad did it with me and we took lots of pictures. So I remembered that today and cried a little but mostly I felt good because I know he would want me to be ok and not depressed, I know it would've killed him to see me so sad. So I did it and I feel better and I feel "accomplished"!! My tree is fiber optic, and it spins around and plays music...I love it and its just cute enough for the 2 of us :)

4 comments:

Suburban Hooker said...

It's a lovely tree!!
I'm glad you put it up!

Beverooni said...

What a lovely tree! Ours is up but no ornaments yet. Guess I'm going to have to try and dig them out as The Hubster just hasn't had time to do it. Yours is just perfect!

Julia said...

Thanks ladies!! Merry Christmas!!

Christine said...

It's a beautiful tree, hope you have a wonderful Christmas, hugs Christine